Are you willing to change the world and be the change you want to see? Are you waiting for an opportunity to show your talent in putting small transformative ideas in a short video? Edition 2 is back back for the second year!!!! And here is an another opportunity .
As you all know, IMCS Pax Romana is committed to work towards building a better world. This time we would like to address a sin against humanity, the “sexual harassment”.
Statistics says 3 out of 4 women and 1 out of 6 men face this dreadful fate at least once in their lifetime.It’s about time we stop being silent and call it out for what it is “a black plaque” in our society. Being young, you have one of the most powerful weapon in your hands, Media! If willing, you can change tomorrow.
We want to use short films as medium to spread the message. During our training sessions in different countries, we have come across enormous talents. We have seen students who have a talent of storytelling, who are keen in creation of media products. We are here to put forward an opportunity to all the striving storytellers to share their story with the world. Here is a call to actively participate in the second edition of Lens for Change short film festival-18 by IMCS Pax Romana and win interesting prize.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for dynamic, passionate, media interested, Change makers to come forward and be part of this competition. The only criteria are that you have to be university student and up to 35 years old. Submit the film, Promote it and win exciting prizes. You can use any means – even just your mobile phone – to make your video. Very important point to note: Don’t worry if you don’t have prior media knowledge, we will take care of it, how? (it is briefed in process flow)
As a diverse movement existing in 80 countries, we are looking for diverse stories focused on the issue of Sexual Harassment. The aim is to address and stand against the issue while at the same time sensitize and raise awareness in the society.
How to participate
- First of all, you have to register yourself by clicking HERE and filling in the online form. Deadline for registration is 15th April, 2018.
- Once you have register, you will receive an online training and explanation session with IMCS media team, if you have chosen to.
- Prepare and submit your short film. Deadline for sending your video is 31st May 2018.
What you get as opportunity ?
- Opportunity to participate in international events.
- Opportunity to screen your film in international film festivals.
- Opportunity to screen your film in many international platforms.
First price: A fully covered participation (flight, accommodation, meals) in the upcoming IMCS Summer School which will take place in Mexico from 21st to 31st July 2018 and a MacBook Air
Second Price: A fully covered participation (flight, accommodation, meals) in the upcoming IMCS Summer School which will take place in Mexico from 21st to 31st July 2018 and an Apple iPad Air 2 128 Go Wifi Gris Sideral 9,7″ MGTX2
Third Price: A fully covered participation (flight, accommodation, meals) in the upcoming IMCS Summer School which will take place in Mexico from 21st to 31st July 2018 and a NIKON- appareil photo reflex – d5300 18-105
Themes -Sexual Harassment
How can we understand sexual harassment?
There is many apprehension of the concept of sexual harassment. While some people consider it as behaviour restricted serious case of aggression, others see it as from a moral perspective. In the context of this competition, we understand Sexual harassment as a concept related to the following actions:
Gender Harassment: generalized sexist statements and behaviour that convey insulting or degrading attitudes about women. Examples include insulting remarks, offensive graffiti, obscene jokes or humour about sex or women in general
Seductive Behaviour: unwanted, inappropriate and offensive sexual advances. Examples include repeated unwanted sexual invitations, insistent requests for dinner, drinks or dates, persistent letters, phone calls and other invitations
Sexual Bribery: solicitation of sexual activity or other sex-linked behaviour by promise of reward; the proposition may be either overt or subtle
Sexual Coercion:coercion of sexual activity or other sex-linked behaviour by threat of punishment; examples include negative performance evaluations, withholding of promotions, threat of termination
Sexual Imposition: cross sexual imposition (such as forceful touching, feeling, grabbing) or sexual assault
- Short film duration maximum 1- 10 minutes
- Output format: mov/mp4/H.264
- Frame Rate: 24/25
- Submission type : Online
- Registration is $ 10. Free for IMCS members worldwide.
- Only one submission per person is allowed.
- If the spoken language in the film is other than English, Please add English subtitles and merge it with the video and submit as one file. Separate .srt file is not acceptable.
- Your entry will not be accepted if:
- You haven’t completed and submitted the registration form.
- You did not have a training session with IMCS Media Team after the online registration
- Your film is over the 1- 10 minute time limit (including titles and credits)
- Your entry is not in by 31st May 2018.
- Your entry is in violation of any of the terms and conditions with particular reference to issues of copyright on all aspects of the production.
Registration and Entry Guidelines
- For Online Submission, Please Click HERE
- For Offline Submission, Write your file as data file in DVD and courier along with necessary documents (filled copy of application, Consent letters, Synopsis of the film and payment information) (7 impasse Reille, 75014, Paris, France)
- Your film must be no longer than 10 MINUTES (including titles and credits)
- Your film must in some way address sexual harassment which is mentioned above in themes section.
- Judge’s discretion is final.
- You need to have read and understood all the terms and conditions. Please contact us if you have any questions. Submission of your film is an indication to us that you have signed off on all the terms and conditions.